This program provides experimentation with balsa wood and other media in the construction of three-dimensional sculpture.
Students will develop their art making and planning skills while practicing material explorations.
This class is open to all high school students as well as middle school students who are at levels of 300+ at US Arts Center. This class is only available at our Fairfax location.
The course is extremely useful for:
- visual art majors
- design majors (e.g. fashion, interior, industrial, architecture)
- engineering, construction, or ergonomics majors
- any student who wants to show a variety of work in their portfolio and to show their understanding of 3D elements
Week 1: June 16 & 21
Week 2: June 23 & 28
Week 3: June 30 & July 5
Week 4: July 7 & 12
Available only at our Fairfax location.
Class hours: 9:30am-12:30pm
Lunch break: 12:30-1:00pm
Independent Work Time: 1:00-4:00pm
$150 tuition + $20 materials fee*
*Covers these standard supplies: balsa wood, drawing and sketch paper, wood glue, tape, paint and brushes; also covers standard tools: exacto knives and blades, cutting mats, and metal rulers.
-$10/week/student if registered before May 31, 2022
-$50/week/student if registered for all 4 weeks.
Additional weeks registered after May 31 do not receive early discount.
1. Download and complete the registration form (linked button below).
2. Email your completed form to us at email@example.com.
3. Make your payment by clicking here. Please pay at Fairfax.
REGISTRATION AVAILABLE ONLY AT FAIRFAX LOCATION